Monday, February 4, 2013

Half-Way


The biggest news recently is that I have passed the half-way point for my exchange! It is really strange how long it has been since I have left America. It feels like it has only been a couple of months. It is also weird thinking about how in less than five moths I will be in the US again. Every month I’ve been becoming more attached to Turkey and I feel like when it is time to leave it will be really difficult.

Other than that, not much has been happening recently. I am currently on a school break, since at the end of the first semester we get two weeks off (although I didn’t go to school the week before the break started because there weren’t any classes, so I will have three weeks). And next week I will be off to Antalya for another AFS camp.

I have also been trying to improve my Turkish more, which has been difficult. Turkish is so different from English, and it has been hard trying to learn it. I have mainly been practicing vocabulary online, but I also try to speak it with my friends and family.

3 comments:

  1. Keep trying your vocabulary and pronunciation with your friends and family. The longer you are there, the more you should be switching to Turkish. Try to go a day without speaking English, then another day, then 2 days, etc. Asking for help is a good way to make friends. - Aunt Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec - no update in over a month. What's up???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a bit rough and I have been going through a rut. I plan on adding more soon, thanks for the reminder

      Delete