Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's Been a While


So I haven’t updated in a while. Things have been complicated and I forgot about the blog. Since the last post, some things have happened.
The biggest thing was my Antalya camp, which was soon after my last post. All of the AFS Turkey students went to Antalya for about five days and stayed in a nice hotel. Antalya is known for its beaches and I was a bit disappointed that our hotel wasn’t even close to the beach. Not much happened at the camp, it was mostly workshops to figure out what to do with the rest of our year. I didn't much care for that part, but it was nice to see all of my friends again.
On the last day of the camp, we got to visit places around the Antalya area. We first went to an ancient Roman (I think) theater, and that was pretty cool. Another cool thing there was that there was a camel festival or something and there were a lot of camels. We didn’t get to ride them or anything, but watching them was fun. After that, we went to Antalya’s old town, where there were a lot of old streets and minarets.
After the camp, I had to change families again because the last one didn’t like me and wanted me to talk more. I changed my family a couple of weeks after the camp. I moved to a family in Beşiktaş, on the European side. In my new family, there is a mother named Ebru, a father named Ali, a son named Arda, and a housekeeper from Russia named Nergiz. They are all very nice, and we often go places together. I feel very confident that this family will be good to the end.
After that, not much has happened. I got a unicycle the Monday after I moved, and a week or so after that I hung out with my friend and we rode it and I got a haircut. I also met up with my counsilor and we made a ‘Support Agreement’ which is a paper with a few tips on how to improve my experience. Next month, a couple of my friends from YES will come to Istanbul, and we will ang out and see the sights. Also, there are only three months left! I don’t think it will be that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment